Trudeau Research Fellowship
Candidates must be nominated by a Canadian university or a Foundation Fellow. Note that the 2018 competition is not yet open. The information below is from the 2017 competition.
A complete nomination will consist of:
- Completed nomination form (Available online)
- Two-page background of the candidate
- Nomination letter outlining candidate’s academic achievements and record of public engagement (no page limit; generally three to five pages long). Should reference:
- Nominee's intellectual gifts, especially for creative thinking at the highest international standards of their discipline
- Nominee's ability to communicate with other gifted thinkers and the general public
- How a fellowship would enable the nominee to advance their work
- Nominee's commitment to work on issues related to the Foundation's four themes
- A detailed Trudeau project proposal (five to ten pages; references not required)
- Up to three publications, articles, or book chapters written by the candidate (no books)
- Other material relevant to the nomination, such as articles about the candidate
Interested parties are encouraged to consult with Danelle D'Alvise, Prizes & Awards Manager, regarding this award and the nomination process.
Phone: 905.525.9140 x27419