E.W.R. Steacie Memorial Fellowships
- have successfully defended their doctoral thesis within the last 12 years (i.e., 2004 or later, barring career interruptions);
- hold a grant from NSERC;
- have published research that has had recognizable impact or obvious potential for impact on the researcher’s field, on society, or on industry;
- be of high stature in the national and international science and engineering community.
Nominators can be any individual or group of Canadian citizens or permanent residents who are senior members of the Canadian science and engineering community.
A complete nomination package consists of:
- a nomination letter explaining why the nominee deserves consideration for the Fellowship and how the award will help them in their career development;
- a draft letter of endorsement, to be signed by the president, outlining career interruptions and current teaching/administrative duties;
- a two-page summary of the research to be pursued during tenure of the Fellowship;
- a completed NSERC Personal Data Form 100, including a complete list of research contributions (no page limit - additional pages to be manually appended)
- copies of the nominee’s three most significant research contributions;
- names and coordinates of 5-7 internationally recognized experts (Canadian or international) in the nominee's field who can provide an assessment of the nominee;
- Form 101 Part I (“Application for a Grant”); and
- Environmental Information Form (Appendix A), if required.
Electronically via Secure Submissions for NSERC’s Innovative Collaborations and Science Promotion Programs. Documents must be submitted as a single document in Portable Document Format (PDF).
The E.W.R. Steacie Memorial Fellowship
350 Albert Street
University officials must screen the nominations and are allowed to forward up to six nominations that are demonstrably outstanding. All interested parties should contact Grace Kim, Assistant Director, Development in ROADS of their intention to apply for this Fellowship.
Final submission deadline is June 7, 2017