Canadian Academy of Health Sciences Fellow
Canadian Academy of Health Sciences Fellowships
- The 2017 nomination process for the election of Fellows will open in January 2017
The Nomination Process
- be Canadian citizens or have been Canadian residents for the preceding three years;
- have careers marked by a record of substantial accomplishment;
- be well recognized by their peers nationally and internationally for their contributions to the promotion of health science;
- have demonstrated leadership, creativity, distinctive competencies, and a commitment to advance academic health science.
- Fellows will normally hold the rank of Full Professor
Three Letters of Nomination are Required:
- The Primary Nominator must be a Canadian Academy of Health Sciences (CAHS) Fellow
- All must be from either health science experts or senior academic administrators.
- At least one should come from a senior leader at the nominee’s institution (Dean, CEO, President, VP Research, etc.)
- One should come from a well-recognized referee from outside the nominee’s institution (Canadian or international).
A full nomination package will consist of:
- 100-word lay-citation describing the nominee’s accomplishments and contributions;
- a list of keywords covering the nominee’s areas of expertise (selected from a list);
- a 500-word summary and assessment of accomplishments and contributions justifying election;
- a 500-word statement from the nominee on their commitment to advancing academic health sciences.
Note: electronic submissions only.
(From the CAHS web site) "A large number of outstanding candidates are nominated each year. It is inevitable that some are not elected in the first year. Nominations are active for three years and updates to the original nomination package are accepted through this period. What constitutes an update? Well, it may be the replacement of one piece of the original submission or the entire nomination package. Annual solicitations for updated materials are made to the primary nominators."
The final nomination submission deadline to CAHS is March 10, 2017.
This competition is now closed. Interested parties are encouraged to consult with Danelle D'Alvise, Prizes & Awards Manager in the Office of the Vice-President, Research regarding this award and the nomination process for the 2018 Competition.
t: 905-525-9140 extension 27419