- University policies, procedures and guidelines are listed on the University Secretariat’s web site. Relevant information from conflict of interest to research accounting can be found at: http://www.mcmaster.ca/policy/faculty/Research/index.html
- Guidelines for the Governance and Review of Research Institutes, Centres and Groups: Click here to Download the PDF
For Researchers and Industry Partners:
Our McMaster Innovation Park maintains its own website mcmasterinnovationpark.ca (note: you will be leaving the McMaster University domain and this Research web site if you follow their link)
Links to units that report to the Vice-President Research
The ROADS Development Unit supports researchers through the identification of funding opportunities, provision of information sessions, and review and editing of grant submissions. The ROADS Administration and Support Unit provides assistance with selected budget development, assists in managing McMaster's allocation for identified programs, and ensures that researchers and the University are protected through funding agreements and compliance with agency and institutional policy.
McMaster Industrial Liaison Office (MILO)
- Works with industry (e.g. negotiating sponsored research contracts, NDAs and MTAs)
- Obtains funding for collaborative research with industry and commercialization funding (e.g. OCE Market Readiness)
- Protects your work with patents, trade-marks and copyrights
- Commercializes your work
- Connects to support networks such as C4, Southwest Ontario's technology transfer community
The team of experienced professionals in Research Finance will help you access the grant money you’ve been awarded and assist you in adhering to university policies, the terms of the grant agreement and granting agency rules.
For information, resources, forms, and answers to Frequently Asked questions about research ethics policies and the Research Ethics Board.
Research High Performance Computing
The Research & High-Performance Computing Support group provides various levels of computing support to the research and high-performance computing communities at McMaster, including desktop and server system administration, web application programming, and data visualization programming.